Model number: 909-0300-ZD00
The First Simple and Powerful Enterprise Smart Wireless LAN Controller
The Ruckus Wireless ZoneDirector 3000 is the first enterprise-class Smart Wireless LAN system that delivers a secure, robust and easily expandable WLAN solution at an unmatched total cost of ownership.
Capable of managing up to 500 ZoneFlex Smart Wi-Fi access points and 10,000 clients from a single location, the Ruckus ZoneDirector 3000 is designed for simplicity and ease of use.
Unlike conventional wireless LAN systems that are costly, complex and cumbersome to deploy, the ZoneDirector 3000 is ideal for any enterprise that requires a high-performance wireless LAN that can be easily deployed and managed.
The ZoneDirector 3000 integrates the Ruckus Smart/OS application engine that delivers advanced features such as smart wireless meshing, high availability, hot spot authentication, elegant guest networking and dynamic Wi-Fi security.
The Ruckus ZoneDirector 3000 can be deployed and operated by nonwireless experts and can be installed quickly and easily. Any organization with limited IT staff and budget can create a robust and secure multimedia WLAN in a matter of minutes.
The Ruckus ZoneDirector easily integrates with network, security and authentication infrastructure already in place and is easily configured through a point-and-click web wizard. Ruckus ZoneFlex APs automatically discover and are configured by the ZoneDirector.
Redundant and secure, the Ruckus ZoneDirector provides WLAN-wide network, security, RF and location management within a single, easy-to-use and affordable WLAN system.
- Unmatched scalability - Supporting up to 500 APs and 1,024 WLANs per device, the ZoneDirector 3000 can easily serve medium to large campus deployments
- IT lite deployment in 5 minutes, simple to use and manage - Web-based configuration wizard configures an entire WLAN in minutes. ZoneFlex APs auto-discover the ZoneDirector. Centralized management and automatic, real-time optimization of entire WLAN
- Advanced WLAN features and functions - Advanced wireless networking features include rogue AP detection, interference detection, band steering, airtime fairness, role-based user policies, per-user rate-limiting, hotspot and guest networking services
- Smart Mesh Networking streamlines costly and complex deployment - Integrated Ruckus Smart Mesh Networking technology automates deployment, eliminates the need to run Ethernet cable to every Smart Wi-Fi AP. Adaptable architecture with Hybrid Mesh extends the wireless network through Ethernet-connected APs, increasing system performance
- Automatic user security - Dynamic PSK eliminates the requirement to configure and update individual PC client devices with unique encryption keys. Dynamic VLAN assignment seamlessly extends existing security policies to the WLAN
- Easy monitoring and troubleshooting - Customizable dashboard provides comprehensive at-a-glance network snapshot and allows drill down to troubleshoot wireless problems
- Distributed forwarding architecture - Maximizes data throughput by sending all data traffic directly from the access points to the wired network