Model number: MS42P-HW
The Meraki MS is the world’s first cloud-managed switch bringing the benefits of the cloud: simplified management, reduced complexity, network wide visibility and control, and lower cost for branch and campus deployments.
A Fresh Approach
Meraki switches are built from the ground up to be easy to manage without compromising any of the power and flexibility traditionally found in enterprise-class switches. Meraki switches are managed through an elegant, intuitive cloud interface, rather than a cryptic command line. To bring up a Meraki switch, just plug it in; there’s no need for complicated configuration files — or pre-staging.
In addition, Meraki’s centralized management system gives administrators deep visibility into the network and how it’s used. See which switches are near capacity across hundreds of sites. Find all configuration changes made by a certain person with instant search.
Industry-Leading Cloud Management
Cloud management has a number of benefits that make it easier to build networks large and small:
- Single pane of glass management of distributed switch deployments, wireless APs, and firewalls across multiple sites through the browser.
- Virtual stacking: manage up to tens of thousands of ports from a single pane of glass.
- Layer 7 OS, client, and hostname fingerprinting.
- Powerful Live Tools such as cable test to isolate physical layer issues.
- E-mail and SMS (text) alerts upon power loss, downtime, or configuration changes.
- Role-based administration and automatic, scheduled firmware upgrades over the web.
- Regular feature updates and enhancements delivered on demand from the Meraki cloud.
- No staging deployments