Model number: EP-5500-10G
The LoadMaster 5500 is an advanced application delivery controller with Layer 7 content switching and integrated ASIC-based SSL acceleration. The LoadMaster intelligently and efficiently distributes user traffic, and offloads and accelerates Layer 7 applications such as SSL security and content, to optimize web and application servers, ensuring users get the best experience possible. The LoadMaster 5500 gives IT administrators greater control, and enables them to easily adapt to network changes by providing a resource optimization layer in front of applications and servers.
The LoadMaster 5500 has 18 Gigabit Ports, 6Gbps throughput, handles up to 30 million concurrent connections and delivers up to 10,000 SSL TPS. The LoadMaster 5500 is an essential component of high-availability, clustering and fault tolerance, all of which provide the infrastructure for reliable Internet sites and corporate intranets. Combining the latest advancements in Layer 4 and 7 server load balancing and content switching, advanced caching and compression, includes redundant, hot-pluggable power supplies, with a high-performance hardware platform, the LoadMaster 5500 is a value leader for application delivery optimization.
The LoadMaster 5500 provides an unmatched combination of availability and performance for mission-critical servers and applications.
- Ensures each user gets the best application experience possible.
- Provides 99.999% high-availability of application servers and removes SLB as single point of failure.
- Guarantees user requests will be directed to only “available” servers AND “available” applications.
- Ensures that users maintain continuous connections with the specific server where their transactional data is available – even if the IP address changes during session.
- Enables site administrators to optimize server traffic according to content type (images, multi-media, apps).
- Optimizes server performance and user experience for encrypted application content.
- Reduces latency associated with internal network while further optimizing performance over existing ISP link.
- Helps thwart application-level threats, even with SSL-encrypted traffic.