Model number: JW157A
Multifunctional and affordable, the dual-radio AP-103H hospitality access point (AP) maximizes mobile device performance in moderately dense Wi-Fi environments while minimizing interference from cellular networks.
The AP-103H installs in minutes and easily mounts to an electrical or data wall box. It uses the existing structured cabling system to provide secure wired and Wi-Fi network access in dormitories, classrooms, hotels, medical clinics and multitenant environments.
The compact and cost-effective AP-103H delivers wireless data rates up to 300 Mbps per radio employing 802.11n technology with two spatial MIMO streams. This 2x2:2 AP features dedicated 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radios and integrated omni-directional antennas.
For wired connectivity, the AP-103H provides two secure downlink switch ports, a passive pass-through RJ-45 port, and a 10/100/1000BASE-T uplink port. It can be powered using an 802.3af power-over-Ethernet (PoE) source on the uplink network port or a 12-volt DC power supply.
- Wi-Fi client optimization - To eliminate sticky client behavior while users roam, the AP-103H features patented ClientMatch technology, which continuously gathers session performance metrics from mobile devices. If a mobile device moves away from an AP or if RF interference impedes performance, ClientMatch automatically steers the device to a better AP.
- Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC) - ACC enables WLANs to perform at peak efficiency by minimizing interference from 3G/4G LTE networks, distributed antenna systems and commercial small cell/femtocell equipment.
- Quality of service for unified communications apps - The Aruba AP-103H additionally supports priority handling and policy enforcement for unified communication apps, including Microsoft Lync with encrypted videoconferencing, voice, chat and desktop sharing
The AP-103H can be configured to provide part-time or dedicated air monitoring for spectrum analysis and wireless intrusion protection, VPN tunnels to extend remote locations to corporate resources, and wireless mesh connections where Ethernet drops are not available.
Managed by Aruba Mobility Controllers, the AP-103H offers centralized configuration, data encryption, policy enforcement and network services, as well as distributed and centralized traffic forwarding. Please refer to the Aruba Mobility Controller data sheets for more details.
- Best-in-class RF management
- All Aruba APs include Adaptive Radio Management technology, which is essential to creating the most reliable, high-performance WLANs. ARM manages the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands to optimize Wi-Fi client performance and ensures that APs stay clear of RF interference.
- Spectrum analysis
- Capable of part-time or dedicated air monitoring, the spectrum analyzer remotely scans the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio bands to identify sources of RF interference.
- SecureJack-capable for secure tunneling of wired Ethernet traffic.