Model number: SF100
The Nimble Secondary Flash Array represents a new type of data storage optimized for both Capacity and Performance. It adds high performance flash storage to a capacity-optimized storage architecture for a unique backup platform that lets you put your backup data to work.
The Nimble Secondary Flash Array is optimized for backup, disaster recovery and secondary data storage. By using Flash, it lets you put your backup data to work for Dev/Test, QA and analytics. Instantly backup and recover data from any primary storage system. With our integration with leading backup software, it simplifies data lifecycle management and provides a path to cloud archiving.
Next-gen Flash storage solution
The Flash-enabled architecture delivers fast backup and restores, and doesn’t compromise on storage efficiency. Flash also provides the speed to let you quickly test and verify backups as you go, providing peace of mind. With secondary flash, you can quickly access files, VMs, applications or entire systems, or rapidly copy them back to primary. Or, don’t wait to restore: run production workloads at full speed on the Secondary Flash array and restore in parallel.
The Secondary Flash array is Capacity-optimized to reduce your cost per gigabyte – delivered in part through Flash-enabled inline data reduction up to 8:1 or more, with no performance impact.
Put your backup data to work
Run real workloads with flash performance, such as Dev/Test, QA, Patch testing, Reporting and Analytics. Zero-copy clones let you re-use backup data and instantly spin up hundreds of application copies. The Secondary Flash array lets you easily and quickly get to your data: reads are over 100x faster than with traditional hard-drive-based backup appliances. Restores can be near-instantaneous, or you can just run your application directly from the array for performance similar to Primary storage.
Manage within a Multicloud Flash Fabric
For Nimble environments, execute thousands of instant, zeroimpact snapshots on primary storage and natively replicate to the Secondary Flash Array.
The SF Series is a line of storage arrays optimized for Secondary storage tasks, optimized for data deduplication to maximize effective capacity.
Initial models available are the SF100 and the SF300. Both are comparable in terms of array-based Snapshots, Replication and Cloning capabilities, always-on inline data reduction, and cost-effective data capacity. The SF100 is the initial entrylevel model, targeted at midsize IT organizations or Disaster Recovery sites of larger organizations. The SF300 was designed for larger organizations and provides twice the capacity, IOPS and throughput of the SF100.
No more Backup windows
- Near-instant snapshot-based backup – no more back-up windows and zero impact to host
- Near-instant restore – access files, VMs, applications or entire systems directly on the SFA or rapidly copy them back to primary
- Near-instant disaster recovery – failover to the SFA and run production workloads at full speed
- Run real workloads with flash performance, such as Dev/Test, QA, Patch testing and Analytics
- Zero-copy clones let you re-use backup data and instantly spin up hundreds of application copies
- Easily and quickly test and verify backups for peace of mind
- Converges backup, DR and secondary storage within a single, cloud-connected solution
- InfoSight predictive analytics anticipates and prevents issues for trouble-free operations
- Third party software integration simplifies data management and enables cloud archiving