Model number: 909-0001-ZD12
The Wireless LAN Solution For SMBs - ZoneDirector 1200
The Ruckus Wireless ZoneDirector 1200 is Ruckus’ centrally managed Smart Wireless LAN (WLAN) system developed specifically for small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs).
With simplicity and ease of use in mind, the Ruckus ZoneDirector 1200 is purpose-built to address the gap between standalone, feature-deficient access points (APs) that must be individually managed and the costly, complex high-end enterprise systems that are overkill for most small business environments.
The ZoneDirector 1200 is also perfect for businesses who want to offer services such as voice over Wi-Fi, IP-based video, secure enterprise access and tiered Wi-Fi services in venues such as hotels, airports, schools and public buildings.
The Ruckus ZoneDirector 1200 can be deployed and operated by non-wireless experts and installed quickly and easily. Any organization with limited IT staff and budget can create a robust and secure multimedia WLAN in a matter of minutes.
Smart/OS Software Suite and Application Engine
- Provides WLAN-wide network, security, RF, and location management
- SmartMesh wireless meshing that is self-organizing, self-optimizing, and self-healing
- Adaptable Hybrid SmartMesh extends the wireless network through Ethernet-connected APs, increasing system performance through better spatial reuse
- Elegant guest networking without the hassle
- Dynamic Pre-Shared Key (PSK) that are automatically installed on clients
- Support for 802.1x, LDAP (captive portal), native Active Director, and RADIUS authentication and dynamic VLAN assignment capabilities
- Multi-site authentication to scale large deployments
- Automatic traffic redirection using WISPr for multi-site authentication for large-scale deployments
- Automatically ensures predictable performance for voice, video, and multimedia through the use of Layer 3 tunneling and using key caching techniques when roaming
- Bandsteering, load balancing, and airtime fairness to optimize Wi-Fi spectrum
- Users access policies provide rich WLAN control
- Traffic thresholds for users on a specific SSID to ensure fairness
- Maximizes data throughput by sending all data traffic directly from the access points to the wired network
Easy to Deploy and Manage
- Seamlessly integrates with existing network, security, and authentication infrastructure
- Automatically discovers and configures ZoneFlex APs, which become instantly manageable
- Dynamic RF controls over transmit power and channel assignments
- Supports 256 WLANs mapped to specific APs or VLANs
- Is easily configured in minutes through point-and-click web-based wizard
- Customizable dashboard provides comprehensive at-a-glance network snapshot and allows drill down to troubleshoot wireless problems
- Bridges gap between standalone, feature-deficient access points (APs) that must be individually managed and the costly, cumbersome WLAN systems
- Provides features not found in costlier WLAN systems
- Can be configured by non-IT staff
What’s New in the ZoneDirector 1200
- Now supports up to 75 managed APs and 2,000 concurrent stations