Model number: JW223A
Multifunctional and affordable Aruba 210 series wireless access points (APs) maximize mobile device performance in medium-density, high-performance Wi-Fi environments.
These compact and cost-effective dual-radio APs deliver wireless data rates of up to 1.3 Gbps to 5-GHz devices with 802.11ac technology. They also support 3x3 MIMO with three spatial streams as well as 2.4-GHz 802.11n clients at data rates up to 450 Mbps.
The AP-215 and IAP-215 models have six integrated omnidirectional down-tilt antennas, while the AP-214 and IAP-214 support external, detachable dual-band antennas using three RP-SMA connectors.
Wi-Fi client optimization
- The 210 series features patented ClientMatch™ technology to eliminate sticky client behavior while users roam. ClientMatch continuously gathers session performance metrics from mobile devices.
- If a mobile device moves away from an AP or if RF interference impedes performance, ClientMatch automatically steers the device to a better AP.
Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC)
- ACC lets WLANs to perform at peak efficiency by minimizing interference from 3G/4G LTE networks, distributed antenna systems and commercial small cell/femtocell equipment.
Quality of service for unified communication apps
- The 210 series supports priority handling and policy enforcement for unified communication apps, including Microsoft Lync with encrypted videoconferencing, voice, chat and desktop sharing.
Choose your operating mode
The 210 series supports your choice of operating modes to meet unique management and deployment requirements.
- Controller-managed AP or Remote AP (RAP) running ArubaOS™. When managed by Aruba Mobility Controllers, 210 series APs offer centralized configuration, data encryption, policy enforcement and network services as well as distributed and centralized traffic forwarding.
- Aruba Instant™ AP running InstantOS™. In Aruba Instant mode, a single AP automatically distributes the network configuration to other Instant APs in the WLAN. Simply power-up on Instant AP, configure it over the air, and plug in the other APs – the entire process takes about five minutes.
For large installations across multiple sites, the Aruba Activate™ service significantly reduces deployment time by automating device provisioning, firmware upgrades, and inventory management. With Aruba Activate, Instant APs are factory-shipped to any site and configure themselves when powered up.