Model number: TC-L53CN-AR-C
Quantum’s LTO-5 standalone drives deliver a simple, affordable, all-in-one data protection solution that customers can depend on. Many companies can store all their data on a single cartridge, thanks to the tremendous capacity (up to 3TB*) LTO technology provides. In addition, companies can keep this data secure using AES 256-bit encryption as tapes are transported offsite for disaster recovery or long-term archiving. LTO-5 drives are WORM capable, allowing companies from healthcare, financial, and other related industries to meet tough regulatory requirements. LTO continues to offer two generations of backward read and one generation of backward write capability, providing an archive tape data recovery solution with newer generation drives.
New functionality allows customers to simply drag and drop files to LTO-5 as they would a hard drive using Linear Tape File System (LTFS) software. This eliminates the need for backup software and allows the information written to tape to be exchanged easily between different users, operating systems, and software. This is highly beneficial for many applications including media and entertainment, geospatial imaging, other video and imaging applications, long-term archiving, and other applications where removing the dependence on a proprietary format is important. LTFS is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Apple Macintosh.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Performance* - LTO-5: Up to 280MB/sec compressed transfer rate.
- Capacity* - LTO-5: Up to 3TB compressed capacity.
- Security/Ease of Use - AES 256-bit data encryption security, WORM functionality, and partitioning capability.
- Compatibility - Investment protection with two generations of backward read and one generation of backward write capability.
- LTFS Software - Free LTFS software can be downloaded at www.quantum.com.
*Assumes 2:1 compression for LTO-5.