Model number: 806-R600-3000
802.11ac High Performance Mid-Range 3X3:3 Smart Wi- Fi Access Points with Adaptive Antenna Technology
The Ruckus ZoneFlex R600 delivers high-performance and reliable 802.11ac wireless networking at a competitive price point for medium density venues such as in K-12 or education. The ZoneFlex R600 combines patented adaptive antenna technology and automatic interference mitigation to deliver consistent, predictable performance at extended ranges with up to an additional 6dB of BeamFlex gain on top of the physical antenna gain and up to 15dB of interference mitigation. The R600 is ideal for wireless networks servicing mobile devices with dual-polarized antennas that adapt in real time to maximize performance for the mobile enterprise.
Performance is further enhanced as the ZoneFlex R600 integrates Ruckus’ patented BeamFlex, a software-controlled, high gain adaptive antenna technology. The ZoneFlex R600 automatically selects channels for highest throughput potential using Ruckus ChannelFly dynamic channel management, adapting to environ- mental changes. A sleek and low-profile design, the ZoneFlex R600 was purpose- built for enterprises requiring reliable high speed client connectivity. It is ideal for a variety of medium density enterprise and hotspot environments including SMBs, hotels, and schools.
Patented BeamFlex+™ Technology Extends Signal Range, Improves Stability of Client Connections
All ZoneFlex R600 Smart Wi-Fi access points integrate a software-controlled smart antenna with PD-MRC (polarization diversity) that delivers up to an additional 6 dB of BeamFlex gain and 15 dB of interference mitigation. This is especially beneficial to enhance the performance of mobile devices which are constantly in motion and changing orientation.
Advanced WLAN Applications with Smart/OS
When used with the Ruckus Smart WLAN controllers, each ZoneFlex R600 supports a wide range of value-added applications such as guest networking, Dynamic PSK, hotspot authentication, wireless intrusion detection and many more. With Smart/OS, WLANs can be created and mapped to the same or different APs or VLANs. In a centrally managed configuration, the ZoneFlex R600 works with a wide range of authentication servers including Microsoft’s Active Directory, LDAP, and RADIUS.
Flexible Deployment Options
ZoneFlex R600 APs can be deployed as a standalone AP or as part of a centrally managed wireless LAN using ZoneDirec- tor Smart WLAN controllers. ZoneFlex R600 can be deployed across any L2/L3 network and can bridge traffic onto the local network, tunnel to a central location using L2TP or PPPoE, or route between the WAN and NAT’ed private subnets. With the Ruckus controllers, each ZoneFlex R600 is automatically configured through the network making deployment quick and easy.
Complete Local and Remote Management
Each ZoneFlex R600 can be managed as a standalone AP through a Web-based GUI,
using SNMP or through the Ruckus FlexMaster Wi-Fi remote management system. Local management can also be performed using Ruckus’
Smart WLAN controllers. FlexMaster is a LINUX-based software platform that uses industry-standard protocols to perform bulk configuration, fault detection, monitoring and a wide range of trouble- shooting capabilities over a wire area connection. The controllers enable local
management and control of APs, adding
• Dual-band concurrent (5GHz/2.4GHz
• Adaptive antenna technology and advanced RF management
• Up to an additional 6dB BeamFlex gain / 15dB interference mitigation / 3 dBi physical antenna gain
• Automatic interference mitigation, optimized for high-density environments
• Integrated smart antenna technology
• Standard 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE)
• Router mode with NAT and DHCP services
• IP multicast video streaming support
• Advanced QoS packet classification and automatic priority for latency-sensitive traffic
• Dynamic, pre-user rate-limiting for hotspot WLANs
• WPA-PSK (AES), 802.1X support for RADIUS and Active Directory*
• Ethernet 802.1x port-based authentication (authenticator and supplicant)
• BYOD, Zero-IT and Dynamic PSK*
• Admission control/load balancing*
• Band steering and airtime fairness support
• Captive portal and guest accounts*
• Application recognition and control*
• SmartWay Bonjour gateway*
• SPOT location services*
• Band balancing*
* when used with Ruckus ZoneDirector or SmartZone controller.